Sarawak Assistant Medical Officer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Penolong Pegawai Perubatan Sarawak

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Forum
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Klinik warga Emas
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:19 am by PPP BorhanDalat

» BERITA BERGAMBAR DARI KK NANGA SEMAH, DARO
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:01 am by PPP BorhanDalat

» Elaun RM 1500, 1000, 500- APA KATA PPP SARAWAK? LAYAK ATAU TIDAK?
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 pm by musrgmude

» KLINIK INTEGRASI
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm by wreig

» Salam lelenggau
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm by deresa_mit

» KALAU ANDA JADI KETUA PENOLONG PEGAWAI PERUBATAN SARAWAK????
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:12 pm by deresa_mit

» MASA DEPAN PPP
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:09 pm by Ndan6192

» SELAMAT HARI GAWAI DAYAK 2009
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:49 pm by cloud

» All Maybank Account Holders / Semua Pemegang Akaun Maybank
Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:44 pm by onesu

Affiliates

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Worlds most Interesting Bridges

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay

Male
Number of posts : 2315
Job/hobbies : PPP U29
Humor : make it's life easy
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Worlds most Interesting Bridges Empty
PostSubject: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Gateshead Millennium Bridge - England

Designed by Wilkinson Eyre Architects and engineered by Gifford, the bridge takes its place at the end of a line of distinguished bridges across the River Tyne, including the Tyne Bridge and Robert Stephenson's High Level Bridge.
Linking Gateshead with Newcastle via Gateshead Quays (described as one of the best places in Europe by Tony Blair) and Newcastleâ?™s Quayside, the bridge not only serves a functional purpose as the River Tyneâ?™s only foot and cycle bridge, but its grace and engineering attract people from all over the world

In 1996 Gateshead Council launched a competition to find a bridge that would link developments on both sides of the River Tyne and also complement the existing six bridges crossing the river.
There were over 150 entries. Gateshead residents voted for their favourite design from a shortlist of leading architectural companies.

The brief was to create a bridge for pedestrians and cyclists that:
-Allowed ships to pass underneath;
-Did not overshadow the world famous view of the existing bridges;
-Didnâ?™t obstruct the Quayside.
The winning design by Wilkinson & Eyre Architects and Gifford & Partners met the criteria perfectly. Everyone knew this design was exceptional.
Leader of Gateshead Council, Councillor Mick Henry said:
"When we chose the design for the Gateshead Millennium Bridge, we knew we had something very special. The many awards and accolades it has received for its design and construction, has certainly proved us right. But even though we knew how innovative it was, we have been taken aback by the massive worldwide interest in our bridge.
"Local people have taken the bridge to their hearts as a symbol of Gatesheadâ?™s renaissance, and we are thrilled that the bridge now looks set to appear on a pound coin in the near future.
"But we are equally flattered that people right around the world are interested in what we have done, and will continue to do, in order to regenerate Gateshead Quays and East Gateshead."

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28213,xcitefun-wmib-001[img][/img][img][/img]

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28212,xcitefun-wmib-002

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28211,xcitefun-wmib-003

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28210,xcitefun-wmib-004
Back to top Go down
http://jamainambang.blogspot.com/
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:42 pm

The Longest Arch Bridge - Lupu Bridge - China

The Lupu Bridge is currently the longest arch bridge in the world, stretching a massive 550 meters across the Huangpu River, China. Along with being a record holder ("The bridge's arch is longer than the previous record holder, the 518-metre long New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia"), the bridge is also the center point for a lot of local hostility.
The need for a bridging between the Luwan District on the north bank, and Pudong New District on the south bank was agreed by all, but that was where the agreement stopped. The exorbitant cost of the Lupu Bridge was frowned upon by locals and scholars, but chosen by the disgraced mayor Chen Liangyu as it would set the area apart with a world record bridge. The critics use this bridge as an argument to prove the city officials superficiality, when weighed against the needs of its people.

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28203,xcitefun-wmib-005

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28202,xcitefun-wmib-006
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Hangzhou Bay Bridge - China

Hangzhou Bay Bridge , is a cable-stayed bridge across Hangzhou Bay off the eastern coast of China. It was linked up on June 14, 2007, and connects the municipalities of Shanghai and Ningbo in Zhejiang province. The bridge is the longest trans-oceanic bridge in the world, although it does not have the longest cable-stayed main span.

The opening ceremony was held on June 26, 2007 with great domestic media publicity, though after the opening ceremony, the bridge would only be used for test and evaluation purposes. It will not be available to ordinary public transportation, which is scheduled sometime in 2008.
Construction of this bridge started on June 8, 2003. The bridge itself is 36 km long with six expressway lanes in two directions, making it the second-longest bridge in the world after the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Louisiana, USA. The bridge has two main spans, with a 448 metre northern span, and a 318 metre southern span. The designated speed is 100 kilometers per hour, and the designed longevity is more than 100 years. The total investment on the bridge is RMB 11.8 billion (US$ 1.4 billion as of December 2004). 35% of this amount was raised from private companies in Ningbo, 59% was provided as loans from China's central and regional banks. Orthotropic steel deck is used on its main spans and five ramp bridges, and is to be paved with 50 mm epoxy asphalt concret.

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28201,xcitefun-wmib-007

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28200,xcitefun-wmib-008

Worlds most Interesting Bridges 28199,xcitefun-wmib-009
Back to top Go down
Uchu Beliau
Senior Forumer
Uchu Beliau

Male
Number of posts : 739
Job/hobbies : DRESSA KAMPUNG 81
Humor : CAKAP TAK SERUPA BIKIN
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 am

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
aubreysherrod
Senior Forumer
aubreysherrod

Male
Number of posts : 911
Job/hobbies : Minum ejok/beer/langkau
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:40 am

What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://genghaus.blogspot.com
aubreysherrod
Senior Forumer
aubreysherrod

Male
Number of posts : 911
Job/hobbies : Minum ejok/beer/langkau
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:00 pm

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://genghaus.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds most Interesting Bridges   Worlds most Interesting Bridges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds most Interesting Bridges
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sarawak Assistant Medical Officer Forum :: Hobbies :: Photos Share-
Jump to: